Puppy School is such a great way to bond with your pet and at the same time teach them basic obedience to ensure they grow up to be a happy and well-mannered member of our pet community.
Owning a puppy is an exciting and busy time for you and your new furry member of the family! The first 6 months of your puppy's life is the most crucial time for development and our Puppy Pre-School offers a great way to socialise your fur child in a safe and encouraging environment. Join our 5 week program as we teach you everything you need to know to help your pup grow into a confident, well-behaved and sociable dog.
We're located opposite Westfield Kotara - the pawfect location for Newcastle pet parents living in Kotara, Kotara South, Adamstown, New Lambton, Charlestown and surrounding areas!
What skills will you and your puppy learn at Puppy Pre-School?
You and your pup will learn loads of new skills throughout their Puppy Pre-School course, some of these include:
- Setting your puppy up for success in life and training
- Strengthening the bond between you and your puppy
- How puppies and dogs learn
- Socialisation and exposure (the best way to go about this)
- Basic obedience (sit, stay, lay down etc)
- Toilet training
- Managing “unwanted” behaviours such as nipping, mouthing, jumping, digging etc
- Socialisation with other pups and humans
- + Learning some cute tricks!
4 week course run by a friendly and professional trainer
$150 for a full course - payable at time of booking.
PLUS each puppy receives a free Dr Paws lead and Royal Canin food bag!
All puppies graduating will receive a graduation certificate.
- Your puppy must have their first vaccination at least 1 week prior to the first class
- Ensure your puppy wears a well-fitted collar and lead to each class
- Hold off feeding your puppy for 2 hours prior to coming to each class so they are motivated for training
Please contact us at Dr Paws Kotara if you'd like any more information.
We are conveniently located opposite Westfield Kotara - the pawfect location for Newcastle pet parents living in Kotara, Kotara South, Adamstown, New Lambton, Charlestown and surrounding areas!